Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Special routing based on a counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennislyon

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2007
US
Good day all. I need to be able to route calls that have been in queue for more than 90 seconds to an offite contractor, not an issue in itself, except that I cannot exceed 200 of these in any given week. Can anyone offer a way to set this counter and reset it at the beginning of the week? All responses are much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Wow, this one looks interesting. I'll be watching this one for responses.

Yep, leave it to us to come up with situations like this one. Would a daily counter be easier to do than a weekly?

The READVAR/SAVEVAR will do the counter. The tricky part is resetting it.

Here's the best I can come up with.
You might be able to tweek the automatic reset section various ways to make it better. If there was an intrinsic that would identify the first call of the day it would be a cinch. Maybe someone else has another way.

/* Best way to reset overflow counter. Supervisor dials
into the application first thing every Monday morning */
IF CLID = supervisor_dn THEN
READVAR counter_gv
ASSIGN 0 TO counter_gv
SAVEVAR
END IF

/* Since you can't trust supervisors this bit attempts to reset the overflow counter at the beginning of each week.
It assumes you always reach the max of 200 calls overflowed by the end of previous week. */
READVAR counter_gv
IF counter_gv > 199 and DAY OF WEEK = Monday THEN
ASSIGN 0 TO counter_gv
END IF
SAVEVAR

IF NOT OUT OF SERVICE your_skillset THEN
QUEUE TO SKILLSET your_skillset
WAIT 2
END IF

SECTION loop
IF AGE OF CALL > 90 THEN
IF counter_gv <= 200 THEN
READVAR counter_gv
ASSIGN (counter_gv + 1) TO counter_gv
SAVEVAR
ROUTE CALL contractor
END IF
END IF
WAIT 20
EXECUTE loop

Thanks StanleySteamer. Would that variable be setup as an Integer, Global?

Integer, Call Variable.
Sorry I put the "_gv" suffix but it should be "_cv" if anything.

Also you need to know that the counter will be set back to zero if the CCMS/SCCS server is restarted for any reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back