Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Special Colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkaleka

Programmer
Jun 16, 2003
BR
Is it possible to make files with pantone special colors and transparent background to be placed in Illustrator or InDesign?

You can do that with In Design.

Any picture file, but you cannot drop and drag that from other programs, you have to place it.

Place the desired object. Select, then under the object menu choose clipping path> detect edges.

Then just adjust the settings to the desired output.
I'm not very familiar with InD yet.

In Illustrator, it is outomatically recognized as a transparent background especially if it is a PSD file.

But Indeisgn is in CMYK mode.

Hope that helped you.

Good Day!

Hi,

I believe you can accomplish this by embedding an ICC profile. I think you have to change your color settings in the preferences and then when you save make sure to check the box that says embed the color profile. I've never done this b4 but I think that is what you want to do.

Do a google search for [ICC Color Profile + Adobe Photoshop]

Hope this helps!

Nate

mainframe.gif

I don't think this is as easy as it sounds. Only two ways to work with spot colors in photoshop: Duotone & adding spot channels to other color modes. So far, so good. Now throw transparency into the mix, and suddenly you have a file that's nearly impossible to import reliably into any application other than Photoshop.

Both Illustrator and InDesign can import PSD files, but only if they're in standard color modes. Anything else, and you'll have to figure out some kind of workaround, like clipping paths, or coloring grayscale images in the layout application. Failing that, you'll have to convert to process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back