Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Special Character problems in LinkExp

Status
Not open for further replies.

CIRS2CAP

Technical User
Sep 22, 2003
US
I am attempting to send a URL through the LinkExp of a TextControl. The link includes a plus (+) sign. The Report generator is taking this character & translating it into a UU character (%2b). Unfortunately, the url I am calling will not accept this translation.

I am using Version 6 SP 1 (both Designer & Report Service). I have tried multiple ways of fixing this; encircling the plus sign in double double quotes (""+""), encircling the surrounding text in double double quotes (""L+S""), doing each of the previous do while adding a forward-slash (""/+"", ""L/+S""), declaring a global variable that defaults to "+" and calling that as part of the LinkExp, declaring a global constant variable that is hard assigned the value "+" and calling that as part of the LinkExp....all to no avail.

How do I get the report server to treat the + as a string literal value & not translate it into %2b????

I have finally figured out a way to make this work...

FYI - the fix was to insert the following at the beginning of the linkexp...

"escape(
By doing so, I forced the java code to convert the url back to normal text prior to sending.

Thanks anyway! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back