Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Special Auto Attendant Greeting (e.g. like for Hurricane Sandy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

D3Dude

IS-IT--Management
Nov 7, 2012
US
We have VM Pro and I have set up standard Holiday Greetings based on a calendar. I also set up a "Special" greeting for company shutdowns due to inclement weather or other events. I gave this greeting it's own calendar and I can change it by accessing the server. I was wondering is there a way that any authorized person could remotely update the calendar (or activate the special greeting in some other way) without accessing the server?

Most likely we will not be in the building when we decide to close. In the case of Sandy, we closed early on Monday, so I could change the calendar. It would be possible for me to remote desktop in to the server and make the change from home, but others should have the ability to set the special greeting and I am not comfortable with handing out remote desktop access to the server.

Using User variables, you could have them dial into a module and enter a pin (as long as you like) and then choose to activate the special greeting or de-activate it, we do it for schools etc in this way :)

record the greeting and save the .wav file as a different name. open vm pro client and change/save and make live when needed.

amriddle01,

Thanks, that seems to work great! [thumbsup] I never thought to use the menu system to change user variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back