Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Speaking of Translations... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

grande

Programmer
Feb 14, 2005
CA
I'm a big fan of the ska band Voodoo Glow Skulls. My favourite song goes by the name of El Mas Chingon.

I've tried many online translators to get the English lyrics (or an approximation thereof), but I can't seem to find an accurate one. I think there might be slang or "naughty words" in it that aren't being translated (Vato and Chingon never get translated, for example).

Can anyone tell me what they're talking about?

Yo soy un vato espantoso
Los otros se ponen muy nerviosos

YO SOY EL MAS CHINGON!!

Que chido son las noches de tequila
Borracho y cantando la misma cancion

Solo mis amigos me pueden aquietar
Porque yo soy el mas chingon

Mi ferocidad se siente asta Mexico
Es donde mi arbol retono
Soy una rama con espinas
Del bosque el mas chingon

-------------------------
Call me barely Impressive Captain.

Those wouldn't be shameless self-promotions for "Punster of the Month", now would they? Regardless, I'm impressed !

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I can provide you with low-cost, remote Database Administration services: see our website and contact me via www.dasages.com]

SantaNufasa said:
Those wouldn't be shameless self-promotions for "Punster of the Month", now would they?
Nope, he always writes that way. And if I remember correctly, he talks that way in person too (although the latter part of the night got a bit hazy).

Tracy Dryden

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

I think he has one of the best handles on the site. Every time I read one of his posts, I get a silent ache.

--------------
Good Luck
To get the most from your Tek-Tips experience, please read FAQ181-2886
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

Dave,

I've toyed with this amazing language ever since joining TT in Dec. 2004, long before the Punmoister idea was suggested.

And however wet my appetite, I shun self-promos.

Besides, "flowery" speech doesn't deserve a petalstool. Shoot, someone might crap their bloomers.

Tim

[blue]________________________________________________________
"To be rather than to seem"
- Official Motto of the State of North Carolina[/blue]

==> I've toyed with this amazing language ever since joining TT in Dec. 2004, ...
Well, I'm certainly glad that we've provided a forum in which your talents can blossom.

--------------
Good Luck
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

Sounds like a bunch of bloomin' idiots to me. <ROFL>

Sorry... couldn't resist.... I guess I just rose to the occasion... maybe I should keep my tulips shut for now....

Just my 2¢

"In order to start solving a problem, one must first identify its owner." --Me
--Greg

I haven't read this thread and I do not know Spanish but I want to try translating it:

Yo soy un vato espantoso
Soy sause in Spanish food
Los otros se ponen muy nerviosos
Makes me very nervous and crazy!

YO SOY EL MAS CHINGON!!
Yo see soy on my new chignon!

Que chido son las noches de tequila
Who's child son got tequila last night
Borracho y cantando la misma cancion
Bum had no concience or little

Solo mis amigos me pueden aquietar
He drunk it all alone while playing guitar
Porque yo soy el mas chingon
Swine! You ruined my chignon

Mi ferocidad se siente asta Mexico
I am affraid to go to Mexice
Es donde mi arbol retono
I am affraid I won't forget
Soy una rama con espinas
Soy sause on my new chignon
Del bosque el mas chingon
That ruined my new chignon...

CC said:
I think he has one of the best handles on the site.

Surely, TS[blue]Dragon[/blue] has the [red]beast[/red] handle on the site.

Tim

[blue]__________________________
"Brain Farts" are scentimental
- [/blue]

[blue]tulips[/blue]

Two lips!!

Greg, please accept my favorite compliment: "I wish I'd said that."

Too damn funny. If I can get my big ol' butt off the floor, I'll write some more. Just don't hit me - I'm opposed to violets.

Tim (just trying to keep up!)

- [/blue]

CrystaLv,

Wow! I suggest that you consider foreign service. You have a natural propensity for the Spanish Language.

You have nothing to be embarazada about.[wink]

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I can provide you with low-cost, remote Database Administration services: see our website and contact me via www.dasages.com]

CrystaLv,

If you wish to purr-sue furrin' service, I have a cat-alog.

Tim :)

- [/blue]

Tim:

You know, I was watching the Royal Philharmonic on the television the other day, and that's when I came to the conclusion that there was far too much sax and violins on TV.

I was once asked to be on the board of education. I said "I'm already bored of education. I didn't mind school, it was just the principal of the thing."

Another friend asked me when I was going to retire. I told him I was still working on being tired the first time.

When I went to the stylist, she told me "Your hair is thinning". I said "That's OK, who wants fat hair? At least I know my diet is working SOMEWHERE!"

Just my 2¢

"In order to start solving a problem, one must first identify its owner." --Me
--Greg

gbaughma,

Let me guess...you just flew in from the coast and boy, are your arms tired!

I used to rock and roll every night and party every day. Then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky if I can find 30 minutes a week in which to get funky. - Homer Simpson

Arrrr, mateys! Ye needs ta be preparin' yerselves fer Talk Like a Pirate Day! Ye has a choice: talk like a pira

Cajun said:
I think he has one of the best handles on the site. Every time I read one of his posts, I get a silent ache.
Guess mine could be described as sypathy pains if your feeling them too.

[thumbsup2] Wow, I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.
I think I've forgotten this before.

Apologies if my posts have caused "a fence"...

Sometimes I, [blue]two[/blue], have spells of sypathy pains.

Tim

- [/blue]

Tim - I doubt your posts ever cause "a fence"

They're not barbed, they're not linked, no one gets board reading them, and I know of no plans to picket them.

I hope this post doesn't foil any of your ideas.

--------------
Good Luck

John said:
I hope this post doesn't foil any of your ideas

John,

I know you didn't mean to, but you just [green]blew[/green] my en[green]tire[/green] pun about [blue]alum[/blue]inum - the early version involved giving tin[red]*[/red] cents to the metalclergy.

Then there's that whole Reynolds Aluminum stuff, and Reynolds Tobacco, and RJR's "purchase" of WFU.

I'll drop this for now - consider it a Reynolds Wrap!

Tim

[red]*[/red][gray]tin: malleable at ordinary timperatures (it's okay, I have a [green]degree[/green] from WFU[/gray])

- [/blue]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back