Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Speakerphone opinions for digital sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telecomboy

Programmer
May 8, 2003
US
Customer doesn't want to spend the money for an IP 96xx range phone. What are people's experiences with the 9508 speakerphone (I know it had some issues at first, but I think those have been resolved). I know it currently isn't full duplex, but is it a decent speakerphone? Other thoughts?

I had a customer who uses 5400 phones try a 9508 for speakerphone. They sent it back... That was on 7.0.27

That's what I was afraid of. We mostly sell the 14xx series on the digital side. Even though the 9508 is supposed to be better, it seems like everything I read says people have issues with the speakerphone.

The latest 9500 phones do upgrade while the older 9500 phones do not.
Only the later bin files support full duplex.
It could be possible that you have used the older once so then you did not have full duplex.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

We just purchased an IP Office system with 9508 phones. The speakerphone quality is nowhere near as good as the 4412 phones from our old Magix system. If you plan to talk on speaker a lot you will find it very annoying, and more so for the person on the other end. There's an Avaya bulletin regarding the new R38 phone FW that acknowledges the problem but no fix yet.

To add insult to injury, we've also been experiencing isolated situations of very loud digital noise and distortion through the speakerphone. Seems to be in conjunction with whenever someone's talking. Not too happy with the experience so far. I would give up full duplex in a second if it improved the sound quality to what it was on the 4400 series phones. We had no idea how good we had it, until we "upgraded".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back