Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Speakerphone on Intel 536EP modem #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleHavoc

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2001
GB
Hello,

I have searched the internet and cant find any answers to the following question. I have an Intel 536EP modem with phone/line rj11 socket and microphone/speaker 3.5mm jacks. When I plug my headphones into the modem I can hear the person on the phone, but I can be heard with a microphone plugged in. This is a speakerphone model, and I have installed the latest drivers (4.77) but there are not tools or software to configure the modem to switch speakerphone on/off or tell it to use the soundcard as a source instead of the modem.

Please help!

p.s. I have 10 of these and none works, so unlikely its a hardware fault, and there are a few people asking the same question.

I sent them all back and bought some different ones. Which we are also experiencing problems with. As soon as their installed the LAN connection almost dies. Average of 80% fail on Ping. And the problem persists when unplugged and uninstalled.
I had to Ghost copy the contents from another drive to get the machine working again. Major headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back