Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Speaker Volume Doesn't Work 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcloud

Technical User
Apr 11, 2005
US
I have a set of Logitech X-530 5.1 surround speakers, but for some reason when I adjust the volume knob on the main speaker it doesn't do anything. The only thing that adjusts the volume is the slider in Volume Controls. I have the speakers plugged into my C-Media sound card. I would like to know how to make it so I can control the volume using the Logitech speakers volume control.

Thanks.

- dc

Uninstalling a program isn't always the answer. There was nothing wrong with Winamp, it was just settings that were overrode by the keyboard software. It's annoying as heck.

Like with AVG virus program I have sometimes it will interefere with my incoming messages. I have tried repeatedly to turn off the AVG email checker, but it doesn't turn off (or it doesn't stay turned off). Either way it is annoying.

I am assuming that the keyboard software corrupts winamp in the registry.

My logic is that if you install the keyboard software first. Then winamp will re-install correctly. Without interference from the keyboard install routines.

I am not saying this will work - but surely it is worth a try.

Can't help with AVG - I don't use it. But have you tried asking them?

stduc, I followed your advice and it worked. Now I can open/close the program (even with the buttons on the keyboard) and it behaves as it should. Volume control works, too. Shows me, bleh .... Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back