Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

speaker problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron40

Technical User
Nov 30, 2002
US
Anytime I reboot my system my speakers start to hum really loud and shrill. But when it gets done booting they stop with the hum and work just fine . Suggestions on what it could be?

Do you have a microphone hooked up? Voice recognition or "Accesibility" turned on?

Nope no mic or anything hookup. Don't have the accesibility on .

Does this speaker system have a separate power supply? If so, can you replace it? The question is: is the problem in the speaker system or the audio board.

I have a HP Pavilion 510c, 1.3GHz processor,256 MB SDRAM memory, it also has onboard sound ,video. My speakers are Polk audio. My speakers don't have separate power supply.
The sound comes out of all the speakers.

all the plugs are in their corresponding jacks right?

and..i dunno if this'll do anything at all, but are you using the latest drivers for your sound? i believe for the majority of onboard soundcards, you can use the realtek drivers found here

but before you use those, you should check in your device manager what sound drivers are currently installed, if any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back