Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Speaker in 5602sw

Status
Not open for further replies.

emendez

Programmer
May 28, 2008
MX
Hi, everybody, could you help me, I had 25 ip phones 5602sw, we want use the speaker button and talk with the handset but when i activate the speaker button the mute button is activated automatically and I can not turn it off, how can i configure my ip phone?

That how they work!!!

The speaker is only usefull when your on hold so you can leave the handset on the phone, the mic in the handset doesn't work then.
The 5610IP phone have handsfree funtion.

Greetzzz...Bas

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

if you press and hold the mute button for 30 seconds it goes off, you can then use the phone in hands-free

I know, this is a workaround, it uses the speaker on the handset without going off - hook.

Don't ask me it just works

Y will try and inform them what the results

It is possible and documented:

XX02 Phones Handset Microphone is Muted When on Speaker

Updated in IP Office 4602/5602 User Guide Issue 04b - 28th February 2008

Pressing the Speaker key during a call on a 4602, 5602, 2402 and 5402 phones transfers the incoming audio to the speaker but mute’s the microphone on the handset. These phones do not have a microphone for full handsfree-operation, they only have a speaker for listen only monitoring.

For IP Office 4.1+, the Group Listen function can be used on 2402 and 5402 phones to enable listening via the speaker whilst also using the handset for speech. Consult your system administrator to enable this function.

and I was only joking to see how many of you went off and held the mute button down for 30 seconds!:)

:)
Funny that people try when there is not even a microphone in the 5602 :)

Good joke by the way

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

tlpeter, that is the benefit of hindsight

didnt even cross my mind that there wasnt a mic...

:) i know
Sometimes you asume things without thinking :)

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

i just hope emendez isn't gone to the customer now and as we speak holding down the mute button, he he...

...jeje ...I admit it. I was deceived..

regards.....

Got me, I just yelled into another office and said wait til you hear this! Then I read on, what a boob I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back