Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SPE down can't access

Status
Not open for further replies.

mselby83

Technical User
Jul 20, 2009
US
I replaced a TN2211 optic drive on the standby-spe, now when I status SPE I get a not functional also I have no shadowing or handshake, I can't perform any troubleshooting because I can't access standby spe. This is AVAYA g3r v10. any thoughts

What was you issue before you replaced this?
What steps did you take for the replacement?

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

37 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 27 years and counting

I kept getting STO-DATA alarms, I was able to clear them but the alarms kept coming back. This is a duplicated system, the problem is on SPE A. I powered down SPE A (CARRIER) installed the new TN2211 put the disk from SPE B in, powered back up.I couldn't do any commands because I kept getting "NO BOARD". I put the orginal TN2211 back in, now I can't do any commands for SPE A, I keep getting can't access standby SPE.

You will need a SAT plugged into A
lock "B" on both dup boards, power down the "A" carrier and power it back up. Watch the SAT, output will be hardware testing of the SPE-A components.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

37 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 27 years and counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back