Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spare Capcity system Questions 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

techmk

IS-IT--Management
Oct 23, 2003
GB

I'm needing to add a new Digi line card to the system ,

I have seen that there is one slot between ( 4 0 6 ) the other Digital card which i'm thinking could be used

I have the same thing on the Analogue side which i need to instal a new card ( 4 0 12 )

Would there be any reason why these slots have been left free ?

What LD and commands would i need to check that these free space can be filled

In LD 32 STAT 4 0 6 Should come back showing unassigned on each unit of card. Go in to LD 11. Look at available TNs. Plug in card and start porgramming!

ld 32 idcs x x=the number on the front of the cont card in 4 0.. any slot can be used for ana or dig in a supl.. some techs leave spare slots for expansion.. some use the right hand side for dig and the left for analog.. matters not, if you ld 32 stat 4 0 6 or 4 0 12 it will show you if anythingis built on those ports. your switch will allow you to build stat on slots with no cards..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

something to add to John's thoughts you may want to think about also is balance of the talk slots.I try to even the load on the IPE bays..if you have more than 1 IPE bay you may want to stat each shelf and look at totals...
LD 32 stat l s ie:(stat 4 0) look at totals
stat 8 0 ect.....

911 has a point but i no longer worry about that in detail, i have yet to see more then 2 time slot problems in forever, most of these switches are graded past that. the co is usually well below 20 percent, the sl1 is usually above 75, if you have a 150 acd agents on one ipe, you'll see trouble, ie off hook wait for dt, transfer don't work, light go out slow. it's very rare but always keep an eye on it..

grading is what percentage of your users can be (a) dialing at the same time. (b) what percentage of your users can be talking at the same time. and no unless you have mega $ it is almost never 1 to 1 (100 percent).. although you can build a switch that way. i would love to sell and install a large one that sweet.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back