Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Span and threatening email. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabie2

Technical User
Sep 19, 2007
US
Hi. we all have someone we don't like.

Take for example my situation. Someone I know from a while back got a hold of my email and sent me a threatening mail saying that they are going to send a lot of spam my way. It looks like they are making good with it because now my mailbox is full of it.
any way I can report them? if so where do I start?

isn't things like these illegal?

I think we both think you're way overdoing this thing. Are you obsessive-compulsive (seriously, not sarcastically)?

Look at the time, aggravation and now money you're spending on a shark (lawyer) and to what end? Are you going to sue him for harassment?

I would agree with everything 58sniper said. I think your lawyer is either lying to you to get some money off you OR he's an idiot because he doesn't know that ISPs don't hand over IP Address << >> customer info without a very good reason (subpoena). The BEST you could do is have your ISP reprimand the account owner if the source of the spam was his mail program sent directly from his computer.

Well, let us know what happens. I've been proven wrong before, but I'm dubious on your efforts.

Interesting reads:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back