Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spam Gateway Solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

v3user

Technical User
Aug 8, 2006
US
Does anyone know of any good Spam Gateway solutions? It would have to be software.

I've tried GFI Mail Essentials, but that doesn't work very well for us. I've downloaded mail frontier but their sales people are not very responsive, I've been waiting for an eval key for a few days already.

I am running exchange 2003, and their intelligent mail filter really isn't that intelligent and there is really no way to make it work the way I want it to.

HELP

Why doesn't mail essentials work for you? Maybe a config problem? Its stunning and I've seen it perform rather nicely in complex environments.

One thing about it is the Black and White lists, for example a group of guys here recieve CBS Sports line emails and one of them flags it and black lists it then no one gets it, this happens with more email than just the sportsline ones, theres no way to setup individual preferences which would be nice. We'd like to pay for something that works for everyone.

I just went with the Barracuda Networks Web Filer (formerly known as spam filter) I can stop chat clients, spam, pretty much what I want - and it's deployed in the DMZ @ the gateway.
Baracuda Web Filter Demo
uname: guest
passw: spyware

check it out
I bought the 420 I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back