Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spam Filter in Brach Office Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nandak7

Technical User
Sep 24, 2001
US
Our exchange server is in our main office. We are connected to our main office by dedicated point to point T1 lines. We do not get any support from our main office. In this scenario how do I block or manage the spam emails centrally in our branch office.

Any help is appreciated
Thanks in advance
Nanda

I assume according to your description above that you have no admin rights on a local server. As well as no "sway" with the admins at the main office.

One way to manage the spam is to use the built in Outlook 2003 filtering features. Which actually are work pretty well.

If you need a third party solution look at some of these.

FRCP

As I said before, I do not have any control over the exchange server located in our main office. We are using pop3 to receive our emails. We have more than 300 users, and I do not like to use outlook filtering features in each and every machine and its time consuming to implement. I would like to have a centralized spam filtering server in our branch office. Is it possible to do that in our branch office?

Any help is appreciated
Thanks
Nandak7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back