Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spam control with 2k3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2004
US
The fight with spam never seems to go away. every day...more and more. I installed a program on our exchange server called GFI, many of you probably know of this one. It works wonders as long as you keep your bayesion database updated. I have all my filters going into my admin mailbox. I have been checked the spam email that we receive the most and entering in the ip address of the spam server in my deny connection list. (i like this feature in exchange 2003). Does anyone know where this database is stored? is it some type of txt or mdb file? I would like to setup a script that will auto input the ip addresses of the emails i choose. Does anyone know of a script that does such a thing? or know where the ip address list of the exchange connection list is stored?

Thanx,

MCSE 2K - MCSA 2K - NET+ - A+

Paul..

I believe it's in the IIS metabase. I've been trying to get something similar going, myself. Access to a list of IP addresses (Country/Continent of origin usually) that send nothing but crap would be a nice resource, as well. GFI Mailessentials and Mailsecurity gets a bit overworked when your client's domain receives several thousand attempts from spam servers per day. :(

One more thing about the metabase. Microsoft makes an edit tool that can be downloaded for free, but I don't remember anything about bulk importing, I'm afraid.

I will second x-wall. Put it on a separate server in front of Exchange and it takes ALL the work off of the exchange server for spam filtering and incoporates every type of blocking, filtering available and adds new ones for free. Add ESAT informer on it and for under $500.00 total (X-wall and ESAT Informer) one time fee you have a complete filtering system.

I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. ~ Baggins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back