Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

spaces between inserted pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

dog352

Technical User
Feb 25, 2005
US
I want to insert three pictures next to each other, but I want space between each picture. I tried to use the space bar, but that doesn't work. The only thing that seems to work is when I type something between each picture, but I don't want the viewer to see unecessary dots or letters between each picture. Any way to get around this withoug using tables?

Thanks..very helpful. I would think, however, that there would be an easier way to do this than inserting a "code.

if you REALLY don't want to use the above style, then a non breaking space would be the other alternative, you'd have to type   between the pictures in the code.

The style is the obvious, right and simple solution though

----------------------------------------
Sometimes, when my code just won't behave, I take it outside and make it listen to britney spears music, and when it comes back it's really well behaved. I wonder if it's suffering from post traumatic stress syndrome now..

>>withoug using tables
>>easier way to do this than inserting a "code."

It sounds like maybe you are using layers if you don't want to deal with tables or code. So maybe you are not ready for css at this point, although it would make your job easier if you have lots of pictures.

If you use css, you may want to use e.g. margin-right:5px; if you don't want to add space all around the image.

See for a good tutorial.

If you don't want to get into css, can you not select each picture and enter however many px you want to H Space in the properties box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back