Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Space 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus007

Technical User
Jul 26, 2004
US
I have an input text field name:Username and the Form name: MyForm

I would like to alert the user if they enter any username with: spaces,',- or ,

My mistake!
It is space between character, comma, dash and apostrophe

regexp to the rescue:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript">

function validateName(obj) {
   if (/[ \'\-,]/g.test(obj.value)) {
      alert("You have illegal characters in your name");
   }
   else {
      alert("that name is fine");
   }
}

</script>
<input type="text" id="blah" />
<input type="button" value="validate" onclick="validateName(document.getElementById('blah'))" />

-kaht

[small]How spicy would you like your chang sauce? Oh man... I have no idea what's goin' on right now...[/small]
[banghead]

[purple]You're welcome[/purple]

-kaht

[small]How spicy would you like your chang sauce? Oh man... I have no idea what's goin' on right now...[/small]
[banghead]

Hmm.... I was gonna leave it at the subtle purple hint, but after looking at your profile I have to ask - any reason why you've asked 80 questions on TT and only given out 3 stars?

-kaht

[banghead]

To be honest with you I don't know why I stop using it but going foward I will use it more frequently to show my appreciation. Is this how you get rated?

Is this how you get rated?
That's correct. Thanks for the star.

-kaht

[banghead]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back