Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Space.c file information advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

timev

IS-IT--Management
Nov 5, 2003
GB
Upon examing the etc/conf/space.c file I notice that there are a number of entries.

We are running Openserver v5.0.4 with an adaptec 2100S RAID card which has 2 drives configured by Adaptec hardware to RAID1, it also has a HP DAT drive and CD rom drive.

As it is only configured in SCO for 1 hard drive can I remove the other entries apart from the main hard drive (ID 0,0,0) without corrupting the system ?

Also would I have to relink the kernal after this ?

Thanks for any advice!

Tim

Sorry wrong Adaptec, its an Adaptec 29160 SCSI

God I will get this right, it is an Adaptec 2100S as originally stated!

I'm getting old my minds going!

If your kernel is running and stable, don't change it.

It is running but when I do try to relink the kernal I always received the message 'cannot update space.c' file, or something similar.

Please, post the EXACT error message and the context.

when attempting to relink the kernal, say with making a hardware change in 'scoadmin' the following message appears after attempting to relink the kernal.

exact message is :-

error updating space.c
error updating space.c

(repeated twice)

after this it asks if I wish to make this kernal boot by default, I select Yes and the scoadmin menu then returns.

Ok thanks 'stanhubble' I have am currently looking at the ta's you mentioned, thans for the advice.

Hope I'm able to rectify this.

Thanks again for your advice.

Tim

I am running SCO UNIX V5.0.6 with Broadcom network cards. Everytime I disconnect the network cable from the card, I get a "NOTICE:bcme0:NIC Link is down" displayed on the console terminal. When I plug it back in, I get a "NOTICE:bcme1:NIC Link is up" displayed on the console terminal. Is there any way to disable this message from coming to the console? I have tried editing the space.d for TCP without success. Looking for any and all suggestions for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back