Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

space alerts using compaq insight manager ver7

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIGGS3

Technical User
Oct 31, 2001
GB
Hi there,
i hope you can help

I am currently trying to schedule receiving email alerts that will show all free space on my server drives using compaq insight manager ver7., I have only just started using the product so a little help would be appriciated

You can set alerts with set points for disk space, abut not sure that it can send the amount of free space. Is that what you are after?

GIGGS3

Correct, CIM will use thresholds. I have always wished that Compaq had added some better reporting tools since it already has the information. Now that HP owns it, not sure if this will ever happen.

Consider over tools such as Dameware and Treesize Pro.

Richard

you can let cim7 send you threshold message when a disk treshold is reached. ít is a bit difficult to do but it works. Set you disktreshhold settings on a machine. make a e-mail task based on a query for disk treshold. Every time a treshold is reached you get a mail with information about de diskspace used and so on. make sure that the trap service is running. cim7 is cool but it takes a lot of time to figure out what the best options are to get information out of it. in the task set the value when devices meet query criteria. Be ware that you may get a lot of mails when using task for the first time.

I need a quick answere!!
what means "Set you disktreshhold settings on a machine"?

Make sure that all the agents required are running. including the web agent. Connect to de server by http:\\servername or ip-adres:2301
You'll get an explorer interface of cim agents. Look for file space used en set an treshold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back