Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SP5 copytocache not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

simple99

MIS
Jun 18, 2007
AU
Hi,
I've dowloaded the latest SP5 pack from the Commvault website (Simpana_700_SP5.exe). But when I try to use copytocache utility it fails with a message:

Failed to open file (c:\program files\commvault\galaxy\tmp\simpana_700_sp5\config\update.ini)Errorcode [3]

When its trying to copy I had a quick look at what was being extracted to the 'tmp' folder and found that there is no update.ini file.

Is copytocache looking for something that is no longer included in service packs ? or am i missing a step.

appreciate any help.

Found the solution.
The instructions for using the CopytoCache are not detailed at all.

Just found out the process:
- extact the contents of the SP5 exe file.
- then using CopyToCache browse to the extracted contents folder, pointing to the OS folder you require.
- CopyToCache will then find the update.ini file for the OS selected and do its job of updating the CVUpdate directory.

I was pointing CopyToCache to the SP5 exe file and hence it was failing. It didn't know what to do with the exe file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back