Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sp4 Install Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

majmojo

MIS
Sep 21, 2000
US
I have installed Exchange 5.5 sp4 on all of my servers vice one. Of course the last one I update I have problems with.
I stop all services, run ISINTEG and then do the update. All of the files get copied. After all of the shakin' and jivin' the install does, it attempts to start the service. The error it produces is "Can't create the file if the file already exists. 0x00200b7." Very intuitive as usual.

I click OK and OK to exit the install. The services start up fine manually. If you check the service pack level in Exchange Admin, it states sp2. If you log in via OWA (yes, it is also the OWA and IMS server), it states sp4.

Anybody had this problem before?
Thanks
mojo

The sp4 install did not complete. You may need to backtrack and replace some .dll's from the older service pack. If you start getting errors when you create new mailboxes this will eventually fix the problem.

I figured this one out. I uninstalled OWA, installed SP4, reinstalled OWA and then reinstalled SP4. All went fine.

mojo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back