Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SP4 Has been Withdrawn 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARCserveGuru

Technical User
Dec 20, 2001
AU
Hi All,
I recent visit to the AS2000 patch page will inform you all that SP4 had been withdrawn from availability. If you have downloaded it and have yet to apply it, do not apply it until it is re-released as they must be working on some issues with the patch. If you have already applied it, then be mindful of any unusual behaviour. If your ARCserve becomes corrupt after SP4 then reinstall and bring to latest patch level prior to SP4.
Don't know how long it will be until the re-release, could be an hour, could be a month?

Regards,

g

Wow must have been tough to test if files restore correctly, must be one of those minor things CA doesn't expect users to encounter a lot. Gotta love when a company release 3 patches for a Service Pack four days after the release of that service pack then pulls that SP. Great QA from CA as always. Bump to keep this on top so no one else installs it and is in a crappy position not knowing what there Back-up system is going to act like/do/screw up.(i.e. myself).
Regards,
Mike

It takes 10 times longer to do a backup job on my exchange.
wait for the fix patch or next release.

I cant understand how Arcserve could release SP4 like this.
I applyed SP4 and it hosed up all my backups. I went to Arcserves page, There was no process to correct this OOPS.
It would be nice if Arcserve could post a fix for this.
Not everyone can put there backup on hold until a fix is available.

I applied it. Now can't get backup to run, just freezes at the start and I am unable to stop the job (even after a restart).

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

Yup, biiiiig thanks to CA for this one.
Now I´ve also got a job I am unable to stop.
Restarting the computer does nothing, and it´s impossible to kill any of the processes either by taskmgr or kill.exe

I´m rather desperate here. Any suggestions.
Connan, did you get yours to stop?

M.

You'll have to reinstall ARCserve. Make sure you have the job saved at a safe location. I have found this to be the only way to correct it.

GG

Actually, I was just about to do that, when I discovered that I could stop the process by entering the folder called "00000001.qsd" under the ARCserve-installation. There I found a couple of files named "0000000?.job" where "?" reflected the que-id for the job. I deleted this, and voila.... Luckily I also had saved the script for this job, else I would have had to re-create it.

But now it remains to see what happens tonight, when I try to run another job again.
(Discovered that the job initially froze when the computer was rebooted due to a powerfailure.)

Just keeping this at the top of the list.

Did I mention, I hate arcserve?

tgus

To ArcserveGuru:

According to BrightStor Storage Newsletter from CA, Ver 0.2.07 August 1, 2002 we can once again apply this service pack, (sp4). I never did apply it because of your warnings. Can I assume it is safe to apply the patch QO17382.asp?

Sorry for the delay in response tapemeister....

I would now recommend sp4 to be applied, but make sure you apply the sp4 DR patch and the other little patch to solve the issue of the Job not stopping (mentioned above).

g

Hi all,

I've currently installed SP4 to Arcserve 2000 on a W2k server w/SP2. I'm in a mixed environment running Microsoft and Novell servers. After the SP 4 install I was unable to expand any of the Novell servers to see it's Volumes or directories through the client agent. But the backup jobs would still run so there were no connectivity problems. So I was unable to create any new jobs or run restores. I had to finally install Novell Gateway services on the w2k server so I can drill down to the Network Level to expand the Novell servers. I also started having the jobs run without completion. Arcserve does have a fix for that now. QO20824 is the fix. So I do not recommend applying SP 4. At least for now. I still have not seen a fix for the Novell issue.

regards,
rmv

Hmmmmm touche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back