Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemps37

MIS
Sep 20, 2006
CA
Has anyone tested Service pack 3 yet? any known issues with it thus far? I'm just loading it on our test serve now to see but, getting a group idea on it is always a good idea.

Hemps

We had to install it as were having tape engine dying problems and our NAS option NDMP jobs failing... we put on all the fixes out there but SP3...but still had issues...so CA asked us to put SP3 on. Took a while to get it as the ftp server kept timing out...but eventually we got it, and put it on. I think we are worse off then we were... except the tape engine stays up. We might have other issues database corruption or something... CA is trying to figure it out... but I hate being bleeding edge on anything.. so the problems from the day before that required us to do this, are just as baffling.

I know this didnt help...but I needed to ramble while I wait on CA ... we are down and they are looking at all their debug info....

Just to followup... we backed off SP3.. and are running SP2 with several fixes on... We still dont know what happened... it was like the server was doing a slow fall... we got some errors on the tape engine the week before and I applied some fixes... and then we just simply couldnt perform a backup because of all the errors. Which is why we went to SP3... and then after much pain we backed off and all seems to be ok now. I hate to be cutting edge on anything... Hope it goes better for you

Has anyone else had any luck with SP3? CA is pushing us to install it. They say it is the latest and greatest with no problems and is being used by many with no problems to date...... (I remember what we went through when we installed SP2 so I don't want to be the first either!)

I"ve had no problems to date. But its only been a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back