Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SP2 problems with Adaptec DirectCD & EasyCD creator 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

xor

Programmer
Jan 7, 2001
NZ
I recently upgraded my HP Pavilion to W2k and my latest problem is, in order to get my CD Drive to work with CDs created with Adaptec DirectCD and EasyCD I have updated W2K with SP2. The CD Drive works great now (well, after I spent several hours removing some software and drivers and rebooting). And once I re-installed the updated HP 7200e CDR drivers my CDwriter is recognized and can read CDs. But when I install EasyCD creator my system spontaneously reboots every time I put a CD into the CDWriter. When I install DirectCD and reboot after the install I get a bluescreen and stop error. Anyone know a solution? Got any ideas?

TIA

WOW!!! I did what they said...I put a Zip into the drive and disconnected the IDE cable from the CD Writer and PRESTO-MAGICO it booted up!!! YIPPEE!!! No I'm going to uninstall that crappy software!!!

UPDATE...
After getting my machine to boot back up, I followed all of the advice.

I uninstalled Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum, reinstalled it without Take Two, installed the patch before rebooting and then rebooted.

Happy to report that all is well....even cured a explorer.exe crashing problem that I was having.

In any case I'm going to checkout NTI CD Maker.

workjohnout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back