Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SP2 Installation Feedback 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybarty

Technical User
May 3, 2002
CA
I have SP2 running silently with the /q /z switches but I would like the end user to know when the installation is complete so they can reboot the system. Is there a parameter that shows a progress indicator or one that displays a completed message when it is finished?

/Passive

Use this option to install the service pack using all the default options. The installation does not prompt you for any input, but the installation progress bar in the user interface is displayed throughout the installation process.

/forcerestart
Restarts the computer after the installation is completed.

Thanks for the help. Would this parameter also work with Office 2003 upgrade so the user sees when it is complete? I have it running silently with a Transform file as well but it would be good if the user got a message or some indication that the upgrade was complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back