Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SP2 and EPO agent Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

addus5

Technical User
Jun 20, 2003
US
Running EPO agent version 3.5.0.513 and just installed SP2. Through the course of the day 3 epo agent tray icons will appear all of which cannot be opened to see agent activity. It looks like UpdaterUI.exe is running three times in memory. Anyone seen any problems with SP2?

Are you referring to Windows XP SP2? I have not heard of any problems on our WinXP SP2 clients that matches yours. Is it just isolated to one PC or multiple PCs? If you perform a reboot, do the ePO Agent tray icons still appear multiple times over the course of a day?

If it is one PC, what happens if you uninstall the agent and then reinstall the agent again? Does the problem still appear?

Yes, windows xp service pack 2. Its a problem with the common updater. I uninstalled the agent and then reinstalled it and now its working fine. I was up to 7 epoagent tray icons. Ive only seen this on one machine so far.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back