Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Source Safe checkout problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

zahiryounis

Programmer
Dec 18, 2007
GB
When the project startup's up, all the files seem to be checked out then get checked in after a few minutes. After checking the source safe history, the my record isn't there, which is good but I want to know why this is happening and if this may cause a problem down the line at some point!

I am using Visual Studio 2005 coding in C#.

It may be that your connection to VSS is a touch slow, or your solution is very big. What is happening is that Visual Studio is doing its status checks in the background. This enables you to get working on your project quicker because you don't have to wait for the status checks to be performed.

If you don't like this you can turn it off by going into Visual Studio's Options and un-checking 'Perform Background Updates' in the 'Source Control->Plug In Settings' section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back