Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Source Code Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

klegal

Technical User
Dec 29, 2001
CA
We are using Developer 2000(Forms/Reports 6) as well as Oracle database packages in our application.

We need a source code control package that will handle this environment.

PVCS, RCS and CVS claim to handle Oracle but I don't have time to do an evaluation.

I would like some real life references(good or bad) from people using source code control with Developer.

I have used microsofts source safe as a source control.
I have also used designer 6i.
Both give you the ability to secure your source codes for developer products and more.

Hi. We use dev 2000 forms/reports and we use Starbase as our version control/changed request system. The nice thing about Starbase is it stores the versions in a Oracle database(or access, sqlserver etc). It can store almost anything word, c++, bat files etc. It is also intergrated with the dev 2000 enviroment.

Hi !

We are doing a reporting project and we use Microsoft's Visual Source Safe as the version control tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back