Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Soundex() function on thin-client machines 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertrum

Programmer
Oct 7, 2003
GB
Hi all

I have written a report in CR 8.5 which uses soundex() to search for peoples names. This is integrated into a Delphi application using the viewer component. Database connection is ODBC to either Oracle 8 or Interbase 5.6 (depends on client)

The problem is that it does not run on client machines. The only computers it will run on are those with CR installed (and a lone Win98 system, which is strange). Exits with error 534, which is somewhat odd given it is not really a database error. I have checked ODBC settings just in case and the test machines are configured the same as my own (as our installer package writes the required values to the registry). DLL's in use during report execution have been monitored, and it seems the problem is that some libraries being used cannot be loaded on thin-clients. Tried registering these but Windows wouldn't have it.

Has anyone else had this problem - if so please can you suggest a solution if one exists.

Thanks in advance

Cheers. Although the article was for CR4.5, a couple of searches for the same subject came up with the goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back