Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have this code in your frame 2:

loadMovie ("music.swf", "Loaded");

this script is valid. and the reason you dont hear sounds is that there is nothing your music.swf can be loaded on. I mean "Loaded" doesnt exist.

you have to make a movie clip, name it "Loaded" and make sure it is in your Main Timeline and can be found on frame 2. that should work.

also i noticed that you put (almost all) individual graphics or movies on individual layers, i suggest you dont unless you have to coz it only crowds your working area.

hope this helps.

biggie

hey thanx,

for the tip i'm still a basic flash user, how would you organize it so it would be better?

hey got a new problem for ya:
The sound will only work if you refresh the page, how do i fix that?

Any stop actions lying around in your external movie? Regards,

new.gif

The way you are doing it should work... If you are interested I've got code I use that is solid.. for navigation through _level1 loadmovies. If you call the sound to a level not a target mc file it tends to work better. dude@kc.rr.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back