Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sound Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnland

Technical User
Nov 20, 2003
CA
I have a packard bell system with a onboard sound card. When I install win98 se the sound card is not found. My problem is I have no clue what the type of sound card is in the system and or what driver to load. I did install HwinFo32 and it told me the sound card was a Cirrus Logic 4610/4611 Crystalclear SoundFussion audio accelerator. But when I try to find a driver for that there is non.
Could someone tell me if this is the correct sound card or how I can find out if it really is this card?

thanks

Is there an option in the bios to enable the onboard sound? It could be set to disable. What kind of packard bell is it? Did you check the web site to see if they have information about the built in sound?

do a google search for "Aida32 software" and look for the onlythebestfreeware site. use that program to detect ur type of soundcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back