Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sound Issues (like my login... I am justkonfuzed!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

justkonfuzed

Technical User
Jun 7, 2003
US
What do I do if my sound card says "device is working
properly" but there is nothing listed under Media Control
Devices, nothing is highlighted or listed in Multimedia
Properties, and there is no Volume Control icon on my
toolbar? The sound was working for a long time without the
volume icon on the toolbar now it all of a sudden says
something else is using the device but i run task manager
and nothing else is using the sound.

You could reinstall the drivers for your sound card.
What are your system specs and what OS are you running?

If you're going through Hell...keep going... (Winston Churchill)
RocKeRFelLerZ

I have tried reinstalling the drivers I think. The reason I say I think is because I dont have the driver disk that came with the soundcard (because it came from my fathers job). I downloaded the file sw9xup.exe and it listed all of these drivers for my card. I put those on a disk and thought that maybe I made the driver disk thatI needed.

Soundcard is Creative Sound Blaster 16
Windows 98
64 MB memory

OS?

Shut down the computer. Then remove the sound card. Boot up the computer. Run the installfile for the drivers (make sure before doing this that its the right one. If you go to you can find the right one for your card)After you run the install file, shut down the computer and put the sound card back in. Then boot up and windows should detect the card and install the proper drivers for it(that you just put on the computer).
Hope this helps

If you're going through Hell...keep going... (Winston Churchill)
RocKeRFelLerZ

Drivers etc may be there but you may need to go to Ctl panel, Add Software and Add windows components, second Tab I think. Install the vol ctl etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back