Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sound cuts out at low volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talonator

Technical User
Dec 16, 2002
US
Just recently ('bout a week ago) all sound started cutting out at low volume. Winamp, divx player, games, whatever, it happens in everything. It comes back as soon as there's anything loud, and if I turn the volume all the way up it doesn't happen as much. I'm using a SBLive value that's never given me trouble before on an epox 8k5a2+. If anyone has a tip, lemme know please!

I had a no-name 3-piece speaker system that used to do that to me. In order to 'conserve power', it would power off after a minute or so of no audio. Unfortunately, every time Windows would ding or chime, it would come out as a 'thump' from the subwoofer :/

If possible, I would suggest connecting earphones in place of your speakers and checking it out. It DOES sound like a hardware problem of sorts.

Other suggestions would be to reinstall your sound drivers (are your using the MS drivers? Is there an update version from Creative?) and possibly fiddle around within your Multimedia settings.

Good luck!

-Jaymzx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back