Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sound Blaster Live/XP Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inziladun

Technical User
Feb 4, 2005
US
Hey, I wasn't too sure where to put this, so I stuck it here, terribly sorry if it was the wrong place to put it.

I was booting up my computer in diagnostic mode, and when I went to boot back in normal mode, everything went haywire. My compuer 'appearance' is stuck in 'Classic Windows' and my Sound Blaster Live! isn't working (I have no sound). This is just what i've noticed, so far. I've tried many times to boot back into normal mode, using various methods, and while everything seems to be working as normally (with the exception of sound), my appearance remains the same. I've also reinstalled my SB Live several times, yet it still won't come on when I boot my computer, it just offers a diagnostic test which I fail, It asks me to reinstall, yet it does the same thing.

I'm sorry I can't be any more help, but this is the best I can describe the problem.

Ah, ok, hehe. Seeing a pattern here, I think I can handle it from here, then. Thanks for all your help, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back