Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SOS - Calendar View Gone....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jma

Technical User
Apr 24, 2001
US
I have a calendar view that displays the calendar page as a true calendar page...then to the left of that I have all the different depts that are on that calendar....

ALL I was trying to do (famous last words) was add a couple of new depts and get the view to display w/ the month page as before....

I tried using dreamweaver as I have better luck w/ that than frontpage...which seems to blow it up...

Dreamweaver, put the links as I wanted them but shifted the page around funny (seeing as my knowledge is limited) I didn't know how to fix that and one of my links was being weird...so someone I know who alledgedly knew sharepoint...said no, use front page modify it that way... so I tried that... now I have the links on left but no calender page view...it says list view is no longer available - so I figure fine, I;ll restore the whole thing from a back up tape...and start over...which I have now done (just my sharepoint directory)...

but obviously that isn't it...cuz... now all pages are reverted back ...but list view is still gone...

So - How do I get that calendar page view back?

Meanwhile...I have a whole bunch of people upset because the schedule is gone!! :(

Thanks so much...Michelle

We have the exact same problem and the same immediate need to resolve it ... have you been able to find any information on this issue of calendar viewing SharePoint events ???

Here is some info I found when I was trying to solve our problem...
III.24.1 How do I make the Folder View the default view
for a Document Library ?
III.24.2 How do I make the Calendar View the default view
for the Events list ?
III.24.3 How do I make Expanded View the default view for
Discussion boards ?
III.24.4. How do I specify a different default view for a
Survey that the standard view ?

All the above are covered in "Troubleshooting Default
Views" from TechNet at

shoot/defview.asp?frame=true

I feel justifying in including it here because at least
the first one (Folder View) has been a question in the
newsgroup.

The answer if you are feeling lazy and daring is to use
Open Web within FP 2002. then in Folders (right-click
folder/Properties/Supporting Files/Default view page
and select the view you want).

Mine got much worse before it got better...I ended up reentering the events....fyi...when you export / import you can't get those views/calendar defaults right either!

Hope some of this helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back