Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sorting IP Addresses in a form

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougal1269

IS-IT--Management
Sep 20, 2004
US
OK guys I been working on this one for over a week and I am now asking for help.

I have a query that gets the IP Addresses from a table based on location the problem is that IP Addresses are not considered numbers but text and therefore they list as 1, 10, 100, 2 etc. and all efferts to resulve this have resulted in errors because I can not place a 0 to make the size the same nor can I group it as the periods get in the way. Thats my delema so if anyone has any ideas let me know.

The search function is working now, I picked this one from the search results thread181-97503.

Roy-Vidar

OK guys I will try this out ... let you know how it goes.

ok guys this works on a table with IP's fine but I need it to do it on a query in a form so it has to be after update so this wont work for what I need.

Use the function in the ORDER BY clause, not in the SELECT list.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Just posted the FAQ for this... dunno if its searchable yet..

here - faq855-5492

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back