Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sorting Details in Crystal 8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

kscearce

IS-IT--Management
Jun 24, 2002
US
I'm just learning Crystal, and I'm trying to sort my data appropriately. I've got three groups set up, which sort by Department, then the internal unit and then within group 3 I have four different pieces of info being pulled in from the DB. The titles are Issue Type, SubType, Create Date and Close Date.

Right now, the details aren't sorting within group 3. I'm trying to figure out how to get it to sort. I've looked under help, and I tried using the sort order via parameter fields, but I can't get it to work the way I want it too.

I want the data to be in alpha order, by first issue type, and then by subtype. I don't care that the create/close dates are out of order.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. Thanks! Kathi

Well, by a mere fluke I solved my own problem, so if someone needs the answer, please let me know. Thanks just the same! Kathi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back