Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sorting by Zip

Status
Not open for further replies.

faush

MIS
Mar 6, 2001
US
I need to sort invoices by zip code, but I cannot do that because of a group I already have defined in my invoice run.

I am grouping by member ID, and that is the way it is being sorted.

I've grouped by zip and tried using that, but it isn't working.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thank you,
Leslie

Leslie,

Please explain what you want to see in the report.

Cheers,
- Ido ixm7@psu.edu

Hi,

It's actually a bill we send out to our members, and it has amount due fields, credit balances, the member id number, name, address, city, state, zip, country, etc. Each member invoice contains about 45 formula fields as well.

We needed to group by ID because the database file had multiple records for each member if they multiple amounts to pay. Grouping by ID was a way of fixing that, so they only rec'd one invoice with all the amounts on there.

However, we need to sort by zip for the mailing through the post office. We have about 17,000 of these to mail out.

Sounds like you need to simply group by Zip
and within Zip by member ID.

Cheers,
- Ido ixm7@psu.edu

Group by Zip and then by Memeber ID within Zip. Suppress the Zip grouping and print your invoices.

let me know if this works. Software Support for Sage Mas90, Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
Cell/VM: 714-348-0964

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back