Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sorting Access Database decsending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maladon

Programmer
Oct 5, 2001
US
I have created a working program using Builder 4.0 that manipulates an Access database. In it I have A TTable Component with several indexes. I want to be able to sort the records in reverse order in a DBGrid.
When I set the IndexDefs->Options to ixDecsending and the DescFields property to contain the field to sort inverted, either through the Object inspector or programaticly, I do not get an inverted sort. Can anyone provide an explanation as to what I'm missing and how to do this correctly?

See my reply to your thread206-145303. James P. Cottingham

I am the Unknown lead by the Unknowing.
I have done so much with so little
for so long that I am now qualified
to do anything with nothing.

Thanks for pointing me to that site, know I at least know I was doing the code right originally and it was Borland's sweet little habit of holding back just the one thing you have to have to force you to cough up more money.
It wouldn't be so bad if the tech people would tell you what is missing but they act like they don't even know themselves, unless you'll pay for the help at 249.00 a question. At one time they were a good user friendly company, now they're just underhanded and greedy.

I wouldn't be too hard on Borland. They are a small company competing with the likes of MS. If you want greedy, just look at MS... ;-)
James P. Cottingham

I am the Unknown lead by the Unknowing.
I have done so much with so little
for so long that I am now qualified
to do anything with nothing.

Yah, I know, but it's real fustrating to try and figure out something that the docs tell you about only to find it's crippled or missing. Good code examples are scarce as hen's teeth, and documentation is usually either lacking or assumes you know more than you do.

Sorry about my tantrum everyone. I lost 3 days on this before finding out my version doesn't seem to fully support
IndexDef functions. I was pouting. I have since solved the problem by using SQL. Now I just need to learn how to get the table to be on the same record the grid is when I have a filter up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back