Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sorting a Crystal Report by field which is not a group field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wgg

Programmer
Apr 25, 2001
BB
Good evening,

I have created a report in crystal Reports 2008, which has two groups (date, and customerID). I need the report ordered by Customer Last name but the order for the report defaulting to the customerID.
How can I get the report ordered by customer last name, which is not one of the group names?

Regards,

WGG

No need to create another group. Just use the Group Sort Expert to sort the Customer ID group by the Max or Min of Customer Last Name.

hth,
- Ido

view, export, burst, email, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Hi Ido,
I have never done the sorting using the Group Sort Expert you mentioned in the above post. I was able to get it to work. Thank you.

Thank you IdoMillet and BettyJ, your information was very helpful. I appreciate your assistance.

Is there a reason you can't just change the group from customer id to customer name?

I would actually use a formula that is {customer_name}&' '&{customer_id} as my group, just in case you have multiple customers with the same name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back