Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sort resourcelist when adding resources to a task

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodo82

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2009
NL
When I want to add a resource to a task MS Project seems to sort the resources on the ID and not on resource name. Since I have a huge resource list I have to scroll through the whole list to find the resource I'm looking for, which is quite annoying. Is it possible to change this so that the list sorts automatically on resourcenames?

Are you talking about the Assign Resources box, where you select the resources to assign to a task? Is so, you can sort it by click on "Resource Name".

It sounds to me as if you are using the resource list displayed by Alt+F10. This is a very awkward way to assign resources.

View > Resource Sheet
Project > Sort > Sort by... >
Select "Name", put a check in "Permanently renumber resources"; click on OK

View > Gantt
Window > Split
In the bottom half, click on the grey area and select "Resource Work".

In the Resource Name column, click on a cell. Resource names will be displayed alphabetically. If you have click on a blank cell then start keying the first two or three letters of the resource name and you'll leap directly to the resource.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back