Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sort report on a calculated field?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAPetry

Technical User
Aug 2, 2000
US
I have a report where I want to sort on a field value that is generated when the report runs. What I did was insert a text box and assign the value of the text box to be calculated from underlaying data. I want to sort on that value any ideas?

Mary Ann Petry

Open up the sorting/grouping box and put the same expression in the grid as a sort item. Best Regards,
Mike

It didn't work says I can not have an aggregate function in order by clause. What I am trying to do is sort a report by the minimum date of a string of dates associated with a project. for an example a project may have (4) action dates I want to sort the projects by min date of their associated dates i.e.
Proj 1
3/21 Action 1
3/30 Action 2
Proj 2
3/22 Action 1
3/24 Action 2
Proj3
3/29 Action 1
4/5 Action 2
I inserted a field in the project detail pane that returns the min date of the action dates below but I can not sort on that? Any other suggestions
MAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back