Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sort only based on Record Fields in Record Sort Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

sajisher

Programmer
Dec 3, 2003
US
Hi All,

Using Crystal Reports 9. Modifying an existing report developed by someone earlier. Need to sort records.

In 'Record Sort Expert', I see on the right side, already the 4 Groups that is on the report. The 3 other fields I added from left side and got added below these Groups. But when I see the report data, it is not ordered by the field I placed on right side.

In the Show SQL Query, I see only 'Order by ' Group 1 table.column. Only Group 1 is not suppressed but Groups 2, 3 and 4 are suppressed. Under Group Sort Expert, I do not see any sort mentioned.

In Record Sort Expert how to assign only the Fields to be sorted and not the Groups. Replies will be appreciated.

Thanks
Saj

In CR 9 Groups take precedence.

If you need a different sort order you will need to change groups.

Ian

You might be able to make use of group sort, but you need to identify the fields you are grouping on, and then show some sample data of how you would like the data to appear once sorted.

-LB

Can you give some examples of the groups/sorts in the report? Can you make your sort into a group and move it up the levels of groups?

Hi All,

Appreciate all your replies.

My mistake! There were like 50 columns in table and I Wrongly interpreted the sort column that Business mentioned fundCode. When I chose the correct column name for sorting all is Okay.

Thanks all for the help. Pls don't curse me..

saj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back