Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sort of redirection question

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlesb

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2001
GB
I have a frame based site.

I have a list of records, from the list I can go to an amend page to update the record selected.
When the record has been updated the user is redirected back to the list. The list seems to requery however the change is not reflected in the page until I refresh the frame.

Any ideas how I get change shown on the list?
Cheers

The only way I have found to fix this is to set your browser options (im using IE example) to Tools -> Internet Options -> Settings Button -> Check for newer versions of page = Every Visit.

See if this works! Brett Birkett B.Comp
Systems Analyst

Try to search for
force reload from server
in the articles of this site (helped me).

Your problem is, that the users browser reloads the site from its cache and doesn't reload your page from the server.
Unless it's reloaded from the server, your ASP-code won't be reprocessed. It'll only display the old page.

Response.Expires = 0

This will force a browser to get a new copy everytime you access the page. ie. no cached copy.

Is that what you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back