Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sort Metric by Dynamic Dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnyphoenixier

Technical User
Dec 3, 2003
US
This issue has been puzzling me for a long time, but I don't know if anyone of you have ever found a workaround on this.

When you have the following on a report: Week, User, and metric-Sales. The layout of report is "User" at Row level, "Week" and "Sales (metric)" are on Column. Week is on top of Sales. So it looks like
Week
User Sales

Now I want to sort users by Sales of the most recent week. Through the advanced sorting, I have to pick a week and can't dynamically set for the most recent week. So even I sort correctly for one week, when a new week comes up, the date is still sorted for the last week.

Does anyone have a work around? I will greatly appreciate the help!!!

Thanks,

Phoenixier

Have you tried using the Metric Dimensionality feature. You can set the Grouping to User. This should help you obtain the results.

Thanks for the reply. I have not tried the dimensionality because there potentially can be many metris on report and dimensionality can be complicated by then.

However I have opened an issue with MicroStrategy. I will post any progress on this.

Thank you again!

phoenixier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back