Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sort Ignores and will not break on certain peoples names

Status
Not open for further replies.

tookieholder

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2002
US
I have a database that is functioning perfectly in every other aspect, but for some reason, it is ignoring assorted people when it does its sort function by "Responsible Party".

I have the report set to sort by and page break after each group of issues assigned to a "Responsible Party". It seems to work in concept for most of the names, but for some names, the report shows the issues assigned to that individual, but they are just added to the end of the previous person's list. The form does not show the new person's name, nor does it break page for the issues that are theirs.

Crude example:
Issues for "Responsible Party" Pam B.
1.Blah blah...
4.Blah blah...
16. Blah blah...

Issues for "Responsible Party" Tom J.
5. Blah blah...
32. Blah blah...
35. Blah blah... (right here should be a page break
19. Blah blah... for"Responsible Party" Jill N.)
28. Blah blah...

In the example, issues # 19 & 28 should have been on a new page listed "Issues for Jill N.", but instead are tacked to the end of Tom J.'s issues.

I have tried removing the problem names from all of the reference tables, and then adding them in again. I have deleted their name's from the issue, and inserted another person as the "Responsible Party", run the report, and it sorts them to the proper person, but not in the correct numeric order. When I assign the proper name back to the issue, it goes back to the same problem of no page break or name.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am not an experienced Access user, but am unfortunately the MOST experienced user in my office. Thanks for any help!!!
Tookieholder

If you would like me to take a look at the app, you could send it to me.

John

John,
Thanks so much for the offer. After sending out the SOS I stumbled around and actually found my problem. I was forcing a sort based on name, but had not forced a Page break in the properties of the "Detail". It seems to have done the trick.
Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back