Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sort for cross-tab 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterswan

Programmer
Sep 25, 2002
US
Hello,

Is there any way to do a sort for a cross-tab report in CR 8.5? It looks as if my cross tab wants to sort on the field I dragged out for my row name. However, I'd like to sort on the total field for that row. This way the person with the highest score will be at the top of the list.

Is there any way to do this in CR 8.5?

Thanks for any help,

[smile] [smile] [smile]

Peter Swanson

While the crosstab is selected, go to report->TopN and select the total field you want to sort on.

-LB

That ruled!

Big thanks to IBass!!

[sunshine] [smile] [sunshine]

Peter Swanson

hey guys,

I was reading through the threads and found this one that related to something that I will be doing in the future. When I select the crosstab and then go to reports there is no Top-N Sort available, it is disabled. Any idea why?? I may just be doing something stupid.

thanks alot,
Josh

TopN would be disabled if you used "specified order" as a group option for one of your crosstab row or column fields. Might this be the issue?

-LB

Yes it would, I had to use the specified order to get the months in the order I wanted. Thank you for clarifying.

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back