Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sort Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajr1705

Programmer
Apr 12, 2006
GB

Hi

I have lot of grouping in my report and I need to force the report to sort the data at the lowest group, how can I force it sort at that group.

E.g

Gooup @ a,b,c,d,e... I need it sort it at e and ignore d, but I need the grouping at the order to get the correct data.

Thank you

Data is sorted first by groups and then by selected sort fields, so if you need the report to sort by "e" then you have to move that group above the "d" group. If this causes data accuracy problems, you should provide more information, so that that issue can be addressed separately. You might also consider whether concatenating "e" and "d" in a formula and then grouping on that would fix the problem.

-LB

I get this error after installing Cr 8.5.. Any suggestion on a fix

ODBC error: [DataDirect][ODBC Oracle Driver]The Keywords LEFT OUTER JOIN were not found in an outer join escape sequence

That's a completely new topic. Please post as a new thread. (I also don't know the answer)

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

I've already answered the question in another thread, look at the error, that's the Oracle supplied ODBC driver error, which you're not supposed to use with Crystal...

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back