Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sort by week seems to start monday, and not sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulcdb

Technical User
Mar 15, 2003
GB
Hi,

Anyone help with a report that doesn't seem to want to start on Sunday?

I've grouped it by week, and even though that bit works the report is going from Monday, and not the Sunday like i've read it should?

is there a way to set it to group starting Sunday in the "Sorting and Grouping" fields?

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Hi,

I'm trying to print out some data from the 1st Jan 02, the first week is from the Tuesday, 1st Jan 02 to Sunday, 6th Jan 02, then each week Monday, 7th Jan to Sunday, 13th Jan, etc...

I'm trying to get it to print Tuesday, 1st Jan to Saturday, 5th, then Sunday, 6th to Saturday, 12th, etc...

If you follow?

Access seems to think Monday is the start of the week, not Sunday?

LOL...
Paul

Paul, I put those dates into the DatePart function
DatePart("ww",#1/1/02#)
and the 5th fell in the first week but the 6th fell in week 2. Are you using any Access built-in functions to manipulate the data in any way. If you type in those dates in the DatePart function (like in the Debug window) what do you get for week numbers. Also, what kind of grouping are you using for the Report. Just the Week group?

Paul

OK,

Now i'm confused... playing around a little more i noticed that under the properties of the report, there's a "Date Grouping" fuction, that was set to "Use System Defaults" so i set it to "US Defaults" and it works fine, so i'm gussing the problem is the UK System settings and not access... *puzzled look*

Anyway, it's fine on US Defaults so i'll stick to that, lol.

Thanks for the help,
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back